Chocolate has always managed to tantalize our taste buds no matter what the season, time or occasion. Give into temptation, indulge in some baking delight this weekend and treat yourself with this easy recipe of Chocolate Ganache. Serve it after dinner or use it as a major attraction for Sunday Brunch, you and your guests will certainly relish every spoonful.
Chocolate Ganache (Makes 16 Slices)
- 150 gms- marie biscuits (crushed into very tiny pieces)
- ¼ cup black raisins
- 200 gms- cooking chocolate (chipped)
- 100 gm- cream (Amul)
- ½ tsp- vanilla essence
- Crush biscuits and mix essence with it. Add raisins.
- Heat cream on very low heat in a heavy bottomed pan. Add chipped chocolate to it. Mix it well till chocolate melts. Remove from fire and stir well to make a smooth ganache.
- Mix a little more than half of the ganache with the crushed biscuits, just enough to bind the mixture nicely. When held within the palm, it should bind together.
- Line a loaf tin with aluminium foil and put the mixture into it. Press and level it with your hands. Keep in the freezer for 10 minutes till set.
- Demould the set biscuits on a wire rack. Place a plate underneath the rack. Heat the remaining ganache, if need be with a tbsp of water and pour on the set biscuit mixture. Level the ganache on the sides with palette knife and keep in back in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Cut into 1 ½ inches of square pieces with a serrated bread knife. Decorate it with any slice of fresh fruit of your choice and serve chilled.
– Recipe courtesy Ms. Sajjan Pincha
If you have an interesting recipe to share, send it to us at email@example.com